Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Ben, Sam, Saige, Addie and I went with Grandma and Grandpa McDavitt to visit some family grave sites today. It was a really nice morning. The kids wrote notes, and we took them to Lincoln...

Then we visited the cemetary in downtown Kansas City (23rd and Jackson) where Grandma (Virginia) McDavitt's older sister Anna Zupka was buried. (Enter cemetary from the West, take the first right, big tree on your left, grave is located east of the tree several rows, and slightly south.) Also buried there is Grandma's father, Andrew Paul Zupka (Enter cemetary from South, circle the roundabout so you take a left (west). go past the next left turn, 4th row, 7th grave to the south). Both are flat stones.
The last stop was at Grandma and Grandpa McDavitt's grave (Dean and Virginia).





1 comment:

Laura said...

Awww, I just saw this post. I remember visiting family graves when I was younger. It really made me appreciate my family history. The kids' notes to Lincoln were so sweet. Thank you.